Table of Contents
Collection of information
Information you provide to us
We gather the information you provide us when you create an account, fill out a form, publish or post material via our Services , buy a membership, interact with us through third-party platforms, seek customer assistance, etc.
We may collect your name, display name, username, bio, email address, company information, avatar picture, images, posts, replies, and comments, as well as any other information you choose to submit. We may also collect information about others when you buy a Bendminding.com membership as a gift. We will only use your information to respond to your request and will not send unrelated messages to your contacts, unless they individually agree or otherwise interact with us. Our Services do not collect payment information.
Automatically collected data when you interact with us
In certain instances, we gather data automatically. This includes:
- Information of your activity: Your reading history, shared links, followed people, highlighted posts, and liked articles.
- Transactional Data: The subscription details, purchase amount, and transaction date are collected when you buy a membership.
- Device and Usage Data: Your IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version are all collected as part of our device and use information. This includes information about your visits to our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the URL of the page you came from.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
Information we gather
We may gather information about you from the data we collect. We may determine your location from your IP address, or your reading preferences or from your reading history.
Use of information
- Set up your Bendminding.com account.;
- Process purchases and transmit associated information such receipts and user surveys;
- Provide you with technical notifications, security warnings, and support and administrative communications.;
- Provide customer service by responding to your comments and concerns.;
- Inform you about new Bendminding.com content, products, services, and features, as well as other news and information (see Your Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Analyze and monitor trends, usage, and actions related to our Services;
- Protect the rights and property of Bendminding.com and others by detecting, investigating, and preventing security issues;
- Debug our Services to locate and correct problems.;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose specified to you at the time the data was collected.
Sharing of information
Personal information is shared in the following situations or as otherwise stated in this policy:
- We may share your personal information with other Service users. For instance, if you use our Services to publish content, leave comments, or send private messages, some information about you will be accessible to others, including your name, picture, bio, any other account information you give, and information about your actions on our Services (e.g., your followers and who you follow, recent posts, claps, highlights, and responses).
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants who require access to personal information to perform services on our behalf, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, storage, and other infrastructure, analytics, payment processing, fraud prevention and security, customer service, communications, and marketing.
- We may release personal information in compliance with or as required by any relevant law or legal process, including legitimate demands by public authorities to fulfill national security or law enforcement needs. If we are required to reveal your personal information in response to legal procedure, we will notify you and allow you to contest the disclosure (for example, by requesting judicial intervention), unless we are forbidden by law or think that doing so will harm others or result in unlawful behavior. We shall oppose to inappropriate legal demands for information on users of our Services.
- We may disclose personal information if we think your activities violate our user agreements or policies, if we suspect you have broken the law, or if we believe it is necessary to defend the rights, property, or safety of Bendminding.com, our users, the general public, or others.
- When required, we share personal information with our attorneys and other professional advisers to seek advice or to otherwise safeguard and manage our business interests.
- We may disclose personal information in conjunction with, or during, any merger, sale of corporate assets, financing, or purchase of all or a part of our business by another firm.
- Bendminding.com and its present and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other businesses under common control and ownership exchange share and exchange personal information.
- Personal information is shared with your permission or at your direction.
- Additionally, we share aggregated or de-identified data that cannot be used to properly identify you.
Some of the information shown on our Services is not hosted by Bendminding.com. Users may publish material that is hosted by a third party but is embedded in our sites (an ” Embed “). When you engage with an Embed, it may transmit information about your interaction to the hosting third party in the same way that you would if you visited the third party’s website directly. For instance, when you view a YouTube video embedded on a Bendminding.com post page, YouTube gets information on your activity, such as your IP address and how much of the video you watch. Bendminding.com has no control over the information collected by third parties through Embeds or their use of the information. This Privacy Statement does not apply to data gathered through Embeds. The privacy statement of the third party that hosts the Embed applies to any information collected by the Embed, and we suggest that you check it before engaging with the Embed.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Bendminding.com is based in the United States, and we have operations and service providers across the country and beyond. As a result, we and our service providers may transmit, store, or access your personal information in countries that may not offer the same degree of data protection as your home country. For instance, we transmit personal data to Amazon Web Services, one of our service providers. Amazon Web Services processes personal data on our behalf at a variety of data center locations worldwide, including those mentioned below. We shall take reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected in the countries where it is processed.
You may access, correct, delete and export your account information at any time by logging into the Services and navigating to the Settings page . Please note that if you choose to delete your account, we may continue to retain certain information about you as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving certain communications from us, such as digests, newsletters, and activity notifications, by following the instructions in those communications or through your account’s Settings page . If you opt out, we may still send you administrative emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications
With your consent, we may send push notifications to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “ CCPA ” (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) affords consumers residing in California certain rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, commercial information, internet or other electronic network activity information, and inferences. For details about the precise data points we collect and the categories of sources of such collection, please see the Collection of Information section above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the Use of Information section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes to the following categories of recipients:
Bendminding.com does not sell your personal information.
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, and disclose about you, (2) request deletion of your personal information, (3) opt out of any sales of your personal information, if we engage in that activity in the future, and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You may make these requests by emailing us at [email protected] or by completing this webform . We will verify a webform request by asking you to provide identifying information. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with a power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. This may include requiring you to verify your identity. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please contact us .
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR INDIVIDUALS IN EUROPE
If you are located in the European Economic Area ( “ EEA ” ), the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under applicable law regarding the processing of your personal data, and this section applies to you.
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data, we will do so in reliance on the following lawful bases:
- To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., providing the products and services you requested).
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data to operate our business or protect our interests (e.g., to provide, maintain, and improve our products and services, conduct data analytics, and communicate with you).
- To comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to maintain a record of your consents and track those who have opted out of non-administrative communications).
- When we have your consent to do so (e.g., when you opt in to receive non-administrative communications from us). When consent is the legal basis for our processing your personal data, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
We store personal data associated with your account for as long as your account remains active. If you close your account, we will delete your account data within 14 days. We store other personal data for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
Data Subject Requests
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you and to receive your data in a portable format, the right to ask that your personal data be corrected or erased, and the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. To exercise your rights:
- If you sign up for a Bendminding.com account, you may at any time request an export of your personal information from the Settings page , or by going to Settings and then selecting Account within our app.
- You may correct information associated with your account from the Settings page , or by going to Settings and then selecting Account within our app, and the Customize Your Interests page to update your interests.
- You may withdraw consent by deleting your account at any time through the Settings page , or by going to Settings and then selecting Account within our app (except to the extent Bendminding.com is prevented by law from deleting your information).
- You may object at any time to the use of your personal data by contacting [email protected] .
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside. Contact details for your Data Protection Authority can be found using the links below:
- For individuals in the EEA:
- For individuals in the UK:
- For individuals in Switzerland: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html